Thursday, May 8, 2008

Just a minute with Christina Ricci on "Speed Racer"




By Nichola Groom
29 minutes ago


Christina RicciMermaidsHollywood

In her latest project, "Speed Racer," Ricci stars as
Trixie, the title character's precocious girlfriend.

The action-packed family film about race car drivers is
Ricci's biggest movie in years. For most of her adult career
the actress has mainly acted in low-budget independent

films.

Over pasta and iced tea at a Los Angeles restaurant, Ricci,
28, talked to Reuters about "Speed Racer," getting older, and
what she would do if she wasn't acting.

Q: You've been acting since you were 10. Did you ever think
about doing anything else?

Q: Are you like that in your own life, too?

A: "I like fixing my own clothes and holes and buttons.
(In) most of my house, any of the projects that were done in
there were done when I had nothing to do. I have to do two
things at once. I can't just watch television or watch a movie.
I also have to be doing a project at the same time."

Q: Does that make you want to work a lot too?

A: "I would definitely love to go from one movie to the
next, but I haven't necessarily been in a position where I
could do that and still be discerning. So, I think all my
projects and fix-it things have been so I can be patient and
wait for something I am really interested or believe in."

Q: In "Speed Racer," you play a young character, and yet
you are nearly 30. Do people think of you as a perpetual teen?

A: "This kind of movie is kind of perfect for me because
people are like 'It doesn't matter how old she is.' A lot of
people have trouble getting their head around, 'Well she
doesn't look old enough to be a professional, but we know that
she is almost 30.' So it's difficult sometimes in casting.

"I do totally agree with what they are talking about. There
is no part of me that is like 'I would be completely believable
as an FBI agent."'

Q: Do you feel like you are getting older?

A: "I never did before, and then I saw this picture and I
was like 'Oh my God, I am not impervious to age.' I think I
always believed it wouldn't happen. So yeah I do feel like I'm
getting older, but in the weirdest way because I don't feel
older. I still dress the same, so now I'm worried. Do I have to
start dressing older? Because I don't want to be one of those
freaky people that looks old but dresses like they are a
teenager."

Q: You've appeared on "Grey's Anatomy" and a few other TV
shows. Do you like doing TV?


Reuters/Nielsen

This content was originally posted on http://entertainews.blogspot.com/ © 2008 If you are not reading this text from the above site, you are reading a splog

No comments: