Sunday, February 17, 2008

Just A Minute With Roger Daltrey


By Belinda Goldsmith


SYDNEY (Reuters) -
Roger Daltrey is well known as the
founder and lead singer of British rock bandThe Who

Daltrey, 63, has just voiced Aragon for the third DVD in a
series called "The Wheels on the Bus" that is aimed at teaching
socialization skills to two to four year olds.

He spoke to Reuters about his work with The Who and his
charity work:

Q: How did you get involved in a kids' DVD?

A: "A bunch of friends were trying to get this off the
ground. It sounded interesting and I was doing nothing else so
I said why not."

Q: It's quite a change from The Who. Do you enjoy it?

A: "The character is exhausting. I always come out of it
totally wiped out but the product works. I've been around a lot
of children and it's great to find something that gives mum a
break but is also educational. You don't do this sort of thing
for the money but because it is worthwhile and should be done."

Q: You've got grandchildren now, haven't you?

A: "Don't mention that!"

Q: Are you still involved in Teenage Cancer Trust and the
week of events designed to raise money for teenagers with
cancer?

A: "Yes, it's in its eighth year now. It's not just about
raising funds but awareness. We are a charity that has a system
of trying to make hospitals more psychologically friendly for
teenagers as they tend to withdraw in that environment."

Q: In 2006/07 The Who went on a world tour, "Endless Wire."
You've been going for over 40 years. Is there an end in sight?

A: "We are not planning on stopping working on stage. We've
had hiatuses but it was never the end and it won't be as far as
I can see it. Peter Townshend has written so much important
work that one tour is just a small snapshot of it."

Q: Any more tours planned?

Q: Do you still enjoy working together?

Q: You've released about eight solo albums. Any more in
you?


A: "I never really wanted to be a solo artist and I've
really put it on the backburner. I now give my time to charity
and that keeps me busy when I am not busy with The Who."


Q: Have you been out to see many of the bands who have
reunited recently to go back out on tour?


A: "Not really. I think it's good it's happening and it is
probably to do with the age that they are. I did want to see
Led Zeppelin and I could get a ticket but I felt bad about
going. I didn't think it was right that I should have that
privilege and thought it would be morally wrong for me to join
the celebrity bandwagon that went. Led Zep was incredibly
generous and gave our charity four tickets which we auctioned."


Reuters

    This content was originally posted on http://entertainews.blogspot.com/ © 2008 If you are not reading this text from the above site, you are reading a splog

    No comments: