Friday, May 23, 2008

Terrell Owens is ready to take on more TV jobs




By JAIME ARON, AP Sports Writer



Terrell OwensDancing With the Stars

"They asked me to do that last year and I graciously declined," Owens said. "I don't need to get on national TV to show people I can dance. I do that 16, 17 weeks out of the year. I've been doing it all my career."

Owens said he'll save his ballroom dancing skills until he gets married, whenever that may be. He added that he hasn't watched the ABC dancing show, skipping out on NFL star Jason Taylor this season and previous years featuring former Cowboys great Emmitt Smith and Owens' former teammate Jerry Rice.

Besides, he's more of a sitcom guy, as evidenced by his recent gig on "Under One Roof."

He was so giddy to watch it — and, perhaps, so motivated to help the ratings — that he turned on every television in his house.

"I thought I was going to see something different (on different TVs)," he said, laughing. "I had some friends over watching it. Everybody said I did pretty good."

Those words were hardly out of T.O.'s mouth when teammate Tank Johnson walked by and mockingly shot back one of Owens' lines, an indication he was tuned in, too.

"I think I surprised a lot of people with my performance," Owens said. "For me, I feel like I can act. That's what I want to do. If I wasn't really comfortable with it and didn't think I could really do it, then I wouldn't have done it."

Owens said he grew up watching "Good Times" and "The Cosby Show," but as a budding thespian he feels there's room to grow. He mentioned having hung out recently with his pal Jamie Foxx, and noted the success of The Rock, a former college football player. He said some friends are teasingly calling him "Denzel."

"I think comedy was a good start," he said. "I don't really see myself limiting myself just to comedy."

___

ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co.

___

On the Net:

http://abc.go/primetime/dancingwiththestars/index?pnindex

This content was originally posted on http://entertainews.blogspot.com/ © 2008 If you are not reading this text from the above site, you are reading a splog

No comments: