Tina Fey and Amy Poehler still play off each other like they once did on the Weekend Update segment of "Saturday Night Live" week after week. In reality, it's been nearly two years since they last shared the desk (a recent Fey-hosted "SNL" aside), but thanks to the new movie "Baby Mama," the collaboration is alive and well.

In the flick, the two share an awkward living arrangement after Fey's character, a successful business woman, hires Poehler's working-class girl to be her baby's surrogate mother. Think "The Odd Couple" if Jack Klugman had become pregnant. MTV News caught up with Fey and Poehler as they riffed on their history together, this summer's "chick flick" competitors, and why Poehler recently groped her co-star on the cover of Vanity Fair.

MTV: How did you two first meet?

Tina Fey: We met in Chicago.

Amy Poehler: In a dark alley.

Fey: We were escaping from Jeffrey Dahmer.

Poehler: We met in improv class in 1993 in Chicago.

MTV: What did you make of each other back then?

Poehler: We both looked at each other and said, "You are a diamond in the rough. Thirteen years later, I shall make a movie with you, and your eyebrows will be a quarter of the size they are now."

MTV: And thus brings us to "Baby Mama."

Poehler: See how I made that segue for you?

MTV: Your characters live with each other in this movie. How would that arrangement fly in the real world?

Fey: We have toured the country together. We were in the Second City touring company together.

Poehler: We went to Waco, Texas, just a few short months after the Branch Davidian compound [siege]. That was a barrel of laughs.

Fey: I think touring like that, you learn that you can live with anybody.

Poehler: I sleep-breakdance. So I wake up in the middle of the night a lot and I just pop and lock.

Fey: It's very dangerous. If I were to wake her when she's sleep-breakdancing, she might kill me. If she's sleep-breakdancing, I just have to kind of guide her away from the stairs.

Poehler: Or the club. That's usually where I'm headed.

MTV: How much to you hate the term "chick flick"?

Fey: I don't love it, because I don't think that's what this movie is. I refer to this movie as "dude safe."

MTV: What do you make of the other dude-safe movies coming out this summer? There's "Maid of Honor" ...

Fey: That's a chick flick! Any movie that has a wedding in it, I don't care if it's all men in the cast, it's a chick flick. "Wedding Crashers"? Chick flick. The "Sex and the City" movie ...

MTV: Yeah, what about that one?

Fey: We do more f---ing in this movie than all those bitches. [Laughs] No, we don't.

MTV: What about "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2"? Those pants fit everybody!

Poehler: Oh, but guess what? I tried them on, and they don't fit anymore. Is it "Sisterhood of the Traveling Sweatpants"?

MTV: You both recently shared the cover of Vanity Fair. I noticed there was some touching going on between the two of you.

Poehler: Oh, you're talking about when I grabbed ...

MTV: Yes, you grabbed her boob!

Poehler: Well, do you want to tell him why?

Fey: Because it had caught on fire, and she needed to put it out.

Poehler: And I have very sweaty palms.

Check out everything we've got on "Baby Mama."

For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.