Friday, February 1, 2008

New Jay-Z Song Leaks -- Is Blueprint 3 In The Works?



Rep for MC says 'Ain't I' is an older, unreleased track; declines comment on a new LP.








Is Jay-Z pulling a Jay-Z and dropping another album just a few months after delivering his last LP? (Remember, he used to average a new album every eight or nine months.)
On Wednesday night, the Internet went crazy when a Timbaland-produced Jay song called "Ain't I" leaked.
The record had several drops from DJ Clue promoting it as a song from Blueprint 3 and saying that we can also find it on his mixtape I Am Legend Part 1. Needless to say, fans and music industry insiders alike started buzzing because talk of this album came out of nowhere. The song's leak is especially strange since it seems like Jay's current album, American Gangster, hasn't run its course yet. Only two songs have been released from that opus, and Def Jam recently sent out promo copies of the record "I Know," signaling that it's the next single.
Still, with lyrics on "Ain't I" that relate to Jay-Z's current state of affairs ("I took a pay cut to become a exec/ So the next mother----er can earn his paycheck/ And even though these n---as talk greasy 'bout me/ Ask these n---as how they gonna eat without me!"), people think that there's some validity to rumors about the impending release of Blueprint 3.
"I'm a hustler's hustler/ a gangster's gangster/ I'm a rapper's rapper/ Your favorite, ain't I?" Jay-Z spits. And the beat reminds you of the vibe from his back-in-day Timbaland collaboration "Lobster and Scrimp."
Well, MTV News contacted Jay-Z's rep Wednesday night. Jay's spokesperson said that, while the song may be new to the general public, it is an old recording that was previously unreleased. Jigga's rep also said he has made no announcement about a new LP, Blueprint 3 or otherwise.



No comments: